PCA is looking for a part-time Accountant who has the heart to serve the Lord and our school. Please see details below:
ACCOUNTANT JOB POSTING
Since 1971, Peoples Christian Academy (“PCA”) has been offering students an academic education from a Christian perspective. PCA is a faith-based, non-denominational school in Markham serving Markham, Richmond Hill, Stouffville and other parts of GTA. We offer programs for Pre-school to Grade 12. Peoples Christian Academy is committed to preparing the whole person to reach the whole world for Christ. At PCA we believe education encompasses spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical development. We are looking for someone who has the same passion and mission to help us service our growing school.
Wage Category: Part time (2-3 days a week, 7.5 hours per day)
Report to: Business Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budget and actual analysis
- Chart of accounts (restructuring)
- Financial Statement
- Cheque writing
- General Bookkeeping – posting deposits, general ledger maintenance, year-end (closing and adjustment) entries
- Adjustment entries
- Monthly bank reconciliation including bank, credit card, paypal and donations
- Annual audit
- Conduct quarterly GST/HST requisition
- Prepare and file: charity information return (T3010), GST & HST rebate (GST66,RC7006-SCH), registered charity tax, property tax rebate
- Plan, co-ordinate and assist in annual tax receipt preparation
- Completion of a University degree with a major in finance or accounting
- Accounting designation is preferred, but not required
- Minimum 1 year experiences in General Accounting
- Experience working in non-profit organizations an asset
- Knowledge of municipal accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and federal and provincial legislation that would be relevant to this position
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Efficient time management skills
- A self-starter with the willingness for continuous learning
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize
How to Apply:
- For more information about PCA please visit www.pca.ca
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kristine Jao, Business Manager, by December 15, 2016.
- While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
- Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit copies of certifications and diplomas, references, and criminal records check.
- Please contact Kristine Jao at 416.733.2010 ext. 107 if you have any questions concerning this job posting.