In the morning, we split off into groups and went to different middle schools to share messages as a part of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes program. Afterwards, we returned home for devotions, lunch, then more training and preparation. In the late afternoon, both groups were surprised to find that there were less children in attendance at the Kids Club compared to the day before, but both groups were able to develop stronger relationships with the children who attended.
Here are some highlights of our trip so far:
- Richard – Highlights of the trip were when a little boy, Shane, asked to keep his sketchboard evangelism lesson yesterday. This happened again today and he was touched even though he felt his painting was not perfect.Richard is signing is sketchboard lesson for a student at the public school who wanted his painting
- Mona – Highlights of the trip were learning that new bus routes to the Orlando Christian Church would be established by this Saturday’s church service to the areas where we are running our kids club. Another highlight was that she prayed for more older kids to attend our Kids Club, and it was slowly answered today as more of the older kids warmed up to us while we played games with them.
- Erik – The highlight of his trip was when they were able to quickly find a new location to do their Kids Club on Monday when their initial location did not work out. He is amazed at God’s goodness and ability to work through all situations.
- Jessica – On Monday, a lady shared a prayer request with her during a Kids Club meeting regarding her teenaged son who had developmental delays. Today, Jessica shared that she was praying for the woman and she was touched and began to cry during the sketchboard evangelism lesson. It was also fun to play soccer with the boys during our Kids Club.
- Michael – He was touched by the same woman above. He was happy to see that the Kids Club was positively affecting even the bystanders. This woman also told his team that she was depressed today, and that watching the Kids Club brightened her day. He was pleasantly surprised that there were so many children attending the Kids Club… even though it was lead by people they didn’t know. God answers prayers!
- Rochelle – A little girl told her that whenever she prays, it makes her feel like crying because it reminds her of her grandmother who passed away. This same little girl has found herself to be quite attached to Rochelle, who enjoys building her bond with this girl and a few others.
- Rachel – She is happy with the team unity and relationships that are being built with the kids that we encounter. She feels very comfortable with the team and is enjoying everyone’s company.
- Daisy – This morning’s public school Christian program had over 120 students in attendance – this was an encouragement. Also, when she completed the object lesson yesterday, Daisy felt that God was able to use her to share a very powerful message to the students.
- Senthurran – He feels a strong team unity within the team and that strong friendships are developing – especially our interesting animal encounters.
- Emilie – She is touched that even with just a short afternoon, kids show admiration and attachment to our team members. She is also amazed at the boldness that our team members have when we are sharing in front of large new crowds.
- Immanuel – He is amazed with a program that we have been partnering with during our morning public school meetings. We have been partnering with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and he is very encouraged by this program.
- Mr. Chung – He has been very encouraged and proud of the entire team in their courage when completing the object lessons, sketchboard evangelism, etc.
- Mrs. S. Tam – She has been encouraged by the eager attitudes of the students. They have been so willing to share last minute lessons and testimonies which demonstrates their obedience to Christ’s calling.
Thank you for your prayers for our team and hosts. Diane, Open Air Campaigners staff, had her emergency root canal yesterday and she thanks you for your prayers. She has experienced very little pain today, and has not had to take a single painkiller today! Praise the Lord!